Based on the visits and meetings the 49ers have conducted with players this offseason, these are positions the team seemingly wants to upgrade in the draft.
Position/Players the 49ers have visited or will visit
1. Starting LB: Rueben Foster — Alabama, Haason Reddick — Temple, Zach Cunningham — Vanderbilt
2. QB to push Brian Hoyer: Mitch Trubisky — North Carolina, Deshaun Watson — Clemson, DeShone Kizer — Notre Dame, Patrick Mahomes — Texas Tech
3. RB to pair with Carlos Hyde: Dalvin Cook — Florida State, Christian McCaffrey — Stanford, Alvin Kamara — Tennessee, Brian Hill — Wyoming, Aaron Jones — Texas-El Paso
4. Pass-catchcing TE: Jordan Leggett — Clemson, Derrick Griffin — Texas Southern
5. Return specialist who is a WR: Carlos Henderson — Louisiana Tech, Ryan Switzer — North Carolina, Artavis Scott — Clemson, Rodney Adams — South Florida
6. RT to push Trent Brown: Dion Dawkins — Temple, Julie’n Davenport — Bucknell, Brad Seaton — Villanova
7. 6-technique DE (strong side): Myles Garrett — Texas A&M, Keion Adams — Western Michigan, Jonathan Calvin — Mississippi State, Garrett Sickels — Penn State
8. Backup OG: Geoff Gray — Manitoba, Sam Tevi — Utah
9. Safety: Jamal Adams — LSU, Rudy Ford — Auburn, Leon McQuay III — USC.
What stands out to you about this list? Does anything about it surprise you?