I’m saying the Seahawks will beat the 49ers Sunday night and here is why:
1. Vic Fangio’s 49ers defense, avec Justin Smith or sans Justin Smith, has not been able to stop Marshawn Lynch the past two seasons in Seattle. Lynch has averaged 4.64 yards per carry and scored three touchdowns in those two games.
2. Frank Gore hasn’t had a 100-yard rushing game in Seattle since 2006. Over the past five years, he’s averaged 3.18 yards per carry and fumbled three times in Seattle. Last season in Seattle, Gore had one 18-yard run. Besides that, he gained 10 rushing yards on five carries and fumbled once.
3. The 49ers’ play-calling system, slower than it needs to be, puts Kaepernick and the rest of the offense at a disadvantage, especially at CenturyLink field, the loudest stadium in the NFL.
4. The 49ers’ defense has given up 27.4 points per game over the past seven games, going back to the postseason.
5. The Seahawks’ defense gave up 11.9 points per game at home last season.
Prediction: Seahawks 28, 49ers 14