SANTA CLARA — Here’s what I observed during today’s warmups.
- Greg Roman and Jim Harbaugh’s father, Jack, having a serious conversation in the middle of the practice field.
- Patrick Willis gingerly high stepping hurdles. I would be extremely surprised if he plays this Monday night.
- Joe Staley jogging back and forth across the field with a backwards cap on his head. I doubt he plays this Monday night, either.
- Aldon Smith kicking field goals with special teams coach Brad Seeley watching him intently. Smith made about half his attempts.
- David Akers practicing pooch punts and then fake-pooch passes. He was proficient at both.
- Tavares Gooden dancing by himself and playing air guitar in the middle of the field while Soundgarden blasted out of the speakers.