SANTA CLARA –
Practice 2 starts at 2:30, but before I go watch it I want to tell you about the cafeteria at the 49ers practice facility.
There’s a buffet and a grill, the players eat first, then the media eats after. We are all treated very well. Here’s what I mean.
Check out the menu for the buffet:
- Grilled Airline Chicken Breast with Heirloom Tomato and Basil Relish.
- Fried Calamari with Tartar Sauce
- Balsamic and Red Wine Marinated Flat Iron Steak with Roasted Portabella Mushroom Sauce.
All of that is served with white and brown rice, Golden Jewel pilaf, Yukon Gold potato gratin, steamed vegetables and rolls and butter.
Here’s the menu for the grill:
- “Painted Hills” natural beef burger.
- “Painted Hills” natural beef cheese burger.
- “Painted Hills” natural beef bacon cheese burger.
- Garden burger.
- Grilled chicken breast sandwich.
- “Diestel Ranch” turkey melt.
- Grilled ham and cheese.
- Tuna melt.
- Buffalo chicked wrap with pepper jack cheese
- Grilled chicken wrap.
I had the bacon cheese burger with cheddar cheese. It was one of the best burgers I’ve ever had (not the best – my brother makes a burger with white cheddar and he grounds his own beef and it’s officially the best burger in the world).
The 49ers may not have any big free agents signings, but they’re well fed, and so am I.
Follow me on twitter @grantcohn.