Who should the 49ers select if the 2016 draft were to play out like this?
1. Tennessee Titans: Laremy Tunsil, OT, Ole Miss
2. Cleveland Browns: Jalen Ramsey, CB, Florida State
3. San Diego Chargers: Ronnie Stanley, OT, Notre Dame
4. Baltimore Ravens: Joey Bosa, OLB, Ohio State
5. San Francisco 49ers: __________________________
Please explain your choice.
Here are some options in no particular order:
Myles Jack, ILB, UCLA. Three-down linebacker, although more of a 4-3 weakside linebacker than a traditional 3-4 inside linebacker. Excellent in pass coverage. Fast. Plays running back almost as well as he plays defense. Suffered a knee injury and appeared in just three games in 2015.
Jaylon Smith, ILB, Notre Dame. Another three-down linebacker. Bigger and more powerful than Jack. Better pass rusher than Jack. Better fit in a traditional 3-4 defense than Jack.
Vernon Hargreaves, CB, Florida. Smart corner who tackles well and breaks up a lot of passes.
Paxton Lynch, QB, Memphis. Big. Fast. Strong arm
Jared Goff, QB, Cal. Skinny. Very strong arm. Excellent in the pocket. Senses pressure and sidesteps rush while keeping eyes downfield.