The San Francisco 49ers and New York Giants came away with hard fought victories in week two. Their reward is a Thursday night matchup at Levi’s Stadium. For San Francico this will be the first of two Thursday night games on their schedule. That’s brutal.
On a positive note, the 49ers come into this game healthier than the Giants. Here is the 49ers – Rams injury report, with analysis.
49ers Injury Report
- The 49ers did not practice on Monday. Above is their estimated injury report.
- Brandon Aiyuk underwent a CT scan. There was no break to the clavicle area. His ability to play Thursday night will be all about pain tolerance. Kyle Shanahan confirmed Aiyuk’s shoulder injury occurred on his first catch of the game Ambry Thomas injured his knee on the second possession of the game. After missing some time, he came back into the game.
- Deommodore Lenoir was checked for a concussion during the game and cleared. He was check again today and cleared.
- The 49ers lost defensive back Qwuantrezz Knight from their practice squad. The Arizona Cardinals signed Knight to their active roster. San Francisco lost Ilm Manning to Arizona at the final cutdown as well.
- San Francisco had cornerback Bradley Roby in for a workout. Roby was a first round pick of the Denver Broncos in 2014. He spent the last two seasons with the New Orleans Saints. In 27 games with New Orleans, Roby recorded one interception and ten passes defensed.
- Brandon Aiyuk was upgraded to limited today. When asked what he needs to see from Aiyuk before letting him play Thursday night head coach Kyle Shanahan said, “just that the trainers and him himself tell me that he can go.”
- San Francisco added veteran cornerback Anthony Brown to the active roster. He fills the open roster spot created when Samuel Womack was placed on injured reserve last week.
Giants Injury Report
|RB Saquon Barkley||Ankle||DNP||DNP||DNP||OUT|
|OL Ben Brederson||Concussion||DNP||DNP||DNP||OUT|
|ILB Micah McFadden||Neck||Limited||Limited||Limited||Questionable|
|OLB Azeez Ojulari||Hamstring||Limited||Limited||Limited||OUT|
|WR Wan’Dale Robinson||Knee||Limited||Limited||Limited||Questionable|
|OT Andrew Thomas||Hamstring||Limited||Limited||Limited||OUT|
- The Giants did not practice on Monday. Above is their estimated practice report.
- According to Ian Rapoport of NFL Network, Saquon Barkley’s ankle injury will keep the running back out of the game Thursday night. This is a big plus for the 49ers defense.
- Giants head coach Brian Daboll told reporters he has yet to rule out running back Saquon Barkley for Thursday night. Daboll said Barkley has made considerable progress since being injured late Sunday in the Giants win over Arizona, and running back “is a quick healer.”
- If Barkley is unable to go, the next man up for New York is former 49ers running back Matt Breida. The Giants also have Gary Brightwell and Eric Gray on their roster.
- New York has ruled Saquon Barkley out for Thursday night. This is a big loss for the Giants who will now turn to Matt Breida as their top back.
- The Giants will also be missing the left side of their offensive line with Ben Brederson and Andrew Thomas out. It’s looking like a feeding frenzy for the 49ers defensive line. Giants quarterback Daniel Jones has been sacked 10 times through the first two weeks of the season.
- The New York defense will be without outside linebacker Azeez Ojulari. New York has yet to record a sack this season.
How Faithful are you? Click here to take the 49ers quiz.