In my final mock draft, I chose the method of avoidance when jotting down my 49ers selections with the Nos. 13 and 17 overall picks.
–Would the 49ers take Jimmy Clausen? I really don’t know, and I don’t want to go on record either way. Instead, I have Mike Holmgren’s Browns selecting Clausen with the No. 7 pick.
–What about C.J. Spiller? I don’t think the 49ers would take him at 13 or 17. And if my mock miraculously falls the way I diagram, we won’t find out.
–If there are four offensive tackles off the board, would the 49ers invest a first-round pick on the first interior offensive lineman? Guards rarely get chosen in the first round – let alone the middle of the first round – but I’m told Mike Iupati was “one impressive dude” when he visited the 49ers recently.
–As always, the Raiders are the team that provides the biggest headaches in mock drafts. Most are figuring the Raiders to take an offensive tackle. In a moment of inspiration, I decided to give them a big defensive tackle, so the 49ers will not get a chance to decide whether to select Dan Williams.
Here it is, Dumb Guy Mock Draft 3.0, my final attempt at this thing before we finally get some answers Thursday evening:
1. Rams – Sam Bradford, QB,
2. Lions – Gerald McCoy, DT,
3. Bucs – Ndamukong Suh, DT,
4. Redskins – Trent Williams, OT,
5. Chiefs – Eric Berry, S,
6. Seahawks – Russell Okung, OT,
7. Browns – Jimmy Clausen, QB, Notre Dame
8. Raiders – Dan Williams, DT,
9. Bills – Bryan Bulaga, OT,
10. Jaguars – C.J. Spiller, RB, Clemson
11. Broncos – Rolando McClain, LB,
12. Dolphins – Derrick Morgan, DE, Georgia Tech
13. 49ers – Joe Haden, CB,
14. Seahawks – Earl Thomas, DB,
15. Giants – Jared Odrick, DT,
16. Titans – Jason Pierre-Paul, DE,
17. 49ers – Anthony Davis, OT,
18. Steelers – Mike Iupati, G,
19. Falcons – Brandon Graham, DE/OLB,
20. Texans – Ryan Mathews, RB,
21. Bengals – Dez Bryant, WR,
22. Patriots – Sergio Kindle, OLB,
23. Packers – Kyle Wilson, CB,
24. Eagles – Kareem Jackson, CB,
25. Ravens – Jermaine Gresham, TE,
26. Cardinals – Maurkice Pouncey, C,
27. Cowboys – Charles Brown, OT, USC
28. Chargers – Rodger Saffold, OT, Indiana
29. Jets – Terrence Cody, DT,
30. Vikings – Patrick Robinson, CB,
31. Colts – Brian Price, DT, UCLA
32. Saints – Jerry Hughes, LB, TCU
* * *
* * *