Santa Clara Mayor Lisa Gillmor, along with other city leaders, are threatening to take over management of Levi’s Stadium from the 49ers. According to Mayor Gillmor, who cites an independent audit, the 49ers have committed the following transgressions:
- “The 49ers have failed to present budget documents that are mandated in the stadium contract.”
- The city may not be making its legal share of revenue from concerts and non-football events at Levi’s Stadium.
- The 49ers allegedly are taking money from the city’s General Fund and illegally putting that money into the stadium.
- The 49ers may have illegally used tax dollars to reseed the field more than once.
- The 49ers may have illegally used city money for more than one NFL event.
Here is the team’s official response:
ICYMI – 49ers Response to Santa Clara Mayor’s False Claims pic.twitter.com/RAfPcbsObP
— Bob Lange (@49ersPR) October 30, 2016
According to NBC Bay Area, the 49ers will turn over the proper budget documents to the auditor today.
What do you make of all this?